An electronic medical record (EMR) is a computerized medical record created in an organization that delivers care, such as a hospital or physician's office. Electronic medical records tend to be a part of a local stand-alone health information system that allows storage, retrieval and modification of records. EMR Software allows for comprehensive communication between facilities and within a single facility.
What are the benefits of using EMR Software vs. using paper charts?
- Accessibility of Charts: indexed and easy to search, no more searching for a lost chart.
- Legibility of Notes: No handwriting issues
- Space Savings: No shelving would be necessary for storing charts. Leaving less clutter in the office.
- Eligibility for Pay for Performance: Optimizing your performance and speed of patient results leads to eligibility for pay for performance legislation.
- Help the environment by using less paper.
- Multiple users can use a chart simultaneously.
- Lab & Xray Results returned automatically.
- Environmental benefits: You can significantly reduce the amount of paper/ charts you use
- Prescription drugs: Scripts are sent electronically or printed out to avoid legibility issues at the pharmacy.
Which EMR Software does PC Network Solutions recommend?
We are an authorized reseller for Altapoint. Here is the link to learn about Altapoint Version 11.
What are the monetary benefits to EMR Software?
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) President Barack Obama on Feb. 17, 2009 signed into law the “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009” (ARRA), authorizing $20 billion to assist in the development of a robust health information technology (IT) infrastructure. Although at first physicians will be paid upto $64000 over 5 years that are using EMR, in 2016 physicians will start paying penalties.
To learn more about the stimulus package click here.